Brunei or Brunei Darussalam (the land of peace) is the small country located at far Borneo Island, away from Thailand. Nonetheless, it is one of the most interesting city such as the economical richness from the oil, the strictness of Muslim religion and the absolute monarchy.
Tourist attraction in Brunei
1. Omar ali saifuddien mosque was built by the Sultan omar ali saifuddien the third , the Father of King Haje Hassanal (The Current King the 29th). It is made from various material such as Italian Marble, Granit from China, Chandelier from England, 3.3 million gold sheets combined for the top of the Dome. It is an important religious center of Brunei.
2. Royal Regalia museum is in Bandar Seri Begawan, the Capital of Brunei, for the collection of King precious ornament, weapons and accessory as the tribute from other countries. A must is the small room that show the beautiful decorated miniature of the 25th reign anniversary parade.
3. Tutong beach is the out-standing natural attraction of Brunei. Many said it is the most beautiful beach as it has turquoise sea water and white sand, nearby the amazing royal palace.
4. Jame Ar’ Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque was built in1988 and opened in 1994. It is the symbol of the 25th reign of the Sultan. The unique feature is the blue roof with the giant dome in the middle. In front of the mosque has the clear blue pool alike Taj Mahal in India.
5. Gumpong Iyer village is the biggest village in the middle of water with total 42 villages, 30000 habitats. There are schools, hospitals, police stations and mosques which named the Venice of the East. Its high-light is the long bridge across the water and Mercu Dirgahayu 60 monument
Travel to Brunei
From Thailand, there are many flights flying via Singapore and Kula lumper and Hong Kong to Brunei, flight time about 4-5 hours.