Brunei is the smallest ASEAN member state, located on island of Borneo, connected to Malaysia’s border. Its capital city is Bandar Seri Begawan. Although it is a small country it has various interesting tourist attractions such as the following:
1. Kampong Ayer: The largest water village in the world, located on stilts above the Brunei River. It has 42 villages with the population of over 30,000 people. There are Brunei wooden speed boats which provide travelling service to the local people and the tourists who want to feel the environment. It is a simple village but full of technologies too.
2. Royal Regalia Museum: The museum that collects the properties of current Sultan which are a gold-leafed winged chariot used on 1992 silver jubilee celebration of coronation in 1968, gifts from leaders from different countries, golden crown, golden throne. The cameras are not permitted in the museum; you can deposit your camera before you enter.
3. Muara Beach: The tourist attraction on South China Sea side which is 27 kilometers away from the capital city. It is a beautiful beach and suitable for you to come and relax or take a walk in the evening. There are many facilities such as restaurants, drinks and accommodations. Apart from this beach, there are Serasa and Pantai Seri Kenangan beaches which are elegant too.
4. Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque: It is located at the center of Bandar Seri Begawan. Designed by Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin III, father of the current Sultan, it is a very beautiful architectural mosque and also has been called the “Mini Taj Mahal”. It is respected by Bruneian people.
5. Jerudong Park: It is a large amusement park which was built as a gift for Bruneian people. Any tourist can pay a visit to enjoy since it has many kinds of plaything such as Roller Coaster, Ferris Wheel and a field where families can come to relax or picnic. The entrance fee is 1 USD, excluding all playthings.
It is undeniable that Brunei is a small country with numerous tourist attractions and apart from the mentioned places there are many more that you can visit such as modern shopping area at Bandar Seri Begawan and other food markets which are unmissable as well.