Route 5 and Route 6
Route to Cambodia, visit the Wonder of the World: “Angkor Wat – Angor Thom”
If you want to travel to Cambodia, one thing that cannot be missed is paying a visit to a place where it is renowned to be the Wonder of the World, “Angkor Wat – Angor Thom”. It is not difficult to travel there since you can drive over the border of Thailand – Cambodia directly.
“Angkor Wat – Angor Thom” the Wonder of the World and tourist attraction
“Angkor Wat – Angor Thom” is an archaeological site from Bayon’s time around 17-18 Buddhist century. It is one of the superior and important places in Cambodia, located in Angor, Siem Reap.
This place is surrounded by many other interesting archaeological sites where Cambodia currently allows you to visit and it is possible to make a one-day round trip in Siem Reap. Banteay Chhmar which means little castle in Cambodian, is another archaeological site that is full of history and attractive not less than Angkor Wat – Angor Thom. Not to forget, Beng Mealea, a beautiful temple within plentiful nature and is renowned as Angkor Wat of the East.
You can drive, using Route 5 to cross the border, southwards through Battambang and Pursat in order to reach Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia.
Travelling to “Angkor Wat – Angor Thom”
If you need speed, you can take a flight directly to Phnom Penh International Airport. Or if you need another option, you can also take a public transport since there is public transportation service that takes you from Bangkok, through Siem Reap, to Phnom Penh everyday now and it takes only half a day via Route 5 and Route 6.
Important tourist attractions along the way
- Aranyaprathet, a district located on the border of eastern Thailand. The popular tourist attraction is “Rong Kluea Market” where there are many cheap goods and the shoppers cannot miss this place
- Serei Saophoan, a bypass between Poipet and Siem Reap. The major tourist attraction is Banteay Chhmar which is mentioned earlier.
- Battambang, a beautiful city of Cambodia which is connected to Thailand. The main tourist attractions of this place are Kamping Puoy Lake, a lake full of gorgeous lotuses, and other places such as Battambang Statue and Prasat Banan.
- Pursat, a city which is the center where the tourists should pass by. The main tourist attractions are Tonle Sap, Pursat City and Damnak Ampil Dam
- Kampong Chhnang, a central province of Cambodia and renowned of pottery. It has the area where it connects with Tonle Sap and from there you can travel comfortably to Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh, a capital city of Cambodia. It is easy to travel and to find accommodation. Hence, one of the destinations that tourists love paying a visit.
Apart from being able to experience the greatness of “Angkor Wat – Angor Thom”, the Wonder of the World, travelling to Cambodia enables you to collect fond memories from archaeological sites, Khmer Temples and many other beautiful natural tourist attractions that can be rivaled with any other places in the world.